Papua New Guinea Forum

Papua New Guinea Forum (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lae (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Utula Samana (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12745)

Doug Brudette 18-03-2005 01:31 AM

Utula Samana

I live in the United States and many years ago met an travel to PNG with Mr. Utula Samana. He lives on a farm outside of Lae. At one time he was the Ambassador to the United Nations and also in PNG government services.

Does anyone know of his current where abouts or how I can contact him?

If so please contact me at aquatic@iximd.com

Derrty 23-03-2005 04:55 PM

I know for sure that hes kids n wife r in Lae still...but not sure Mr. himself is.
Hopefully someone will fill ya in with that information.

izoela 07-05-2005 08:00 AM

********deleted*************

BahuMan 21-07-2005 02:04 PM

Check the Morobe Provincial Government. I heard he was hired as a consultant to the Governor to prepare a submission to the PNG NEC for Morobe Province to become autonomous govt.

roderick 07-04-2006 05:26 PM

Utula's Political Message

The name Utula Samana brings back many mixed memories. At one stage in his earlier years, he was quite a political rebel. Does anyone on this board either know of or recall his views on the best way of developing the country and treating expats.

I certainly do !!! Does anyone else recall those rebelious days???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Brudette
I live in the United States and many years ago met an travel to PNG with Mr. Utula Samana. He lives on a farm outside of Lae. At one time he was the Ambassador to the United Nations and also in PNG government services.

Does anyone know of his current where abouts or how I can contact him?

If so please contact me at aquatic@iximd.com

:mad: :mad:

donfriel 26-04-2006 12:42 AM

How diplomatic of you. I would probably have finished my time in lae. May even still been there apart from his wonderful views on expats and in particular those that worked for provincial gavman. IE my father.Had been there for 32 years so was hardly a fly by nighter but had to go.
I dont mind saying that ATTILA samana was a prick and no doubt still is.
cheers.

roderick 26-04-2006 02:28 AM

Utula an afterthought

Yes, I agree with that sentiment. He was a prick. One of the ironies is that a guy like Utula, who held such venomous opinions about exapts, accepted a job with the UN, and so became an expat himself. (N)

Fatty 04-08-2006 01:29 PM

if he knew then what he knows now....it would have been different...
so much for pride,ego,and nationalist views...now he realises he is a citizen of the world...hope he prays and ask god for forgivness...

grobertson 18-08-2006 02:31 PM

Utula Samana still lives in Lae. You could call this number for further information on how you could contact him. 473 1516

kripzmahn 08-10-2006 11:43 PM

Know of him..he lives opposite St. Joseph's Tech. School at 8-mile, Lae . (I was with the daughter in primary and high school...Yaungtine Samana... is she in the US...) Last i heard of the bastard...traded his faithful wife of many years for a bimbo.. What a lousy prick...giving a bad name for us proud Morobeans