PDA

View Full Version : Madang International Primary School

maike
14-10-2003, 05:30 AM
I am looking for people who attended Madang International Primary School between 1984 and 1989. It would be great to hear from you!!Maike

Biddy
10-11-2003, 07:48 PM
I didn't go there but I am looking for a boy that I am pretty sure did, Alan Tyson.

Traveller
11-11-2003, 03:48 AM
If you find Alan Tyson can you send me a note. He has one of my jackets and I want it back!

maike
16-11-2003, 05:01 AM
Hi Biddy, thanks for answering. I do not know Alan Tyson, but I will check my year books from M.I.P.S and see if I can find out anything about this boy.

Traveller, do you know anything more? Are you still in P.N.G / Madang area?

mm_chie
27-03-2004, 08:25 AM
I went to MIPS and i still remember it vividly...I miss everyone there!!! wish this can also help me find my best friends i lost...My name is Michelle Blanco....i had a twin brother...Mick Blanco....my classmates were, Elizabeth Nouairi, Jacinta Makin, Belinda Rogers, Siggie Beshel, Nigel Sieko...and all the others...hope to find them here....
Please email me if anyone knows where they are....I would reallly appreciate it...thanks....
Michelle....chie

maike
30-03-2004, 12:55 AM
Hi Michelle,
this is amazing, actually I remember you, Belinda and Nigel. I think I was in your class for a while when our class teacher was Miss Mitchell. I that possible? Or was it Miss Couples or Mr. Stobbs? Can you remember Nicole Maczcowiak? I am not sure if you can remember me. I was/am the german girl
Maike Kaul...Regrettably I do not know where all the others are. You are the first name I recognize.How are you and where are you know? Maybe eventually someone else will answer also...

It would be great to hear from you again! Maike

mm_chie
31-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks for replying my post....I'm pleased to know that some people still remember me...:) Though it has been a very long time... but i still can't picture your face...:unhappy: Hope you can send me a pic sometime if you dont mind...I'm just not good with names i guess...im sorry..
Mr.Stobbs was my teacher and so was Mrs. Mitchell...she was my favorite teacher in grade one i think...:) . Do know about Belinda or Nigel's whereabouts? or anyone else who went to MIPS.??
Im currently in USA and still studying in college...almost a year left...hopefully...:-) How about you? I'm really pleased that I got to talk to someone from MIPS at last...:) well I hope to hear from you again sometime soon...and probably the rest of the MIPS kids...:)
Take care now...

Michelle

The Don
08-11-2004, 02:32 AM
Hi Michelle, what years did you go to Madang International? I was there from 1980 (Prep) to 1982 (Gr2).

scuba-diver
08-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Haloo,

Belinda rogers is living in Victoria Point, brisbane. We catch up every now and then so our kids can play. She has two little twin boys. Shall i get her email address for you and if so who should i say wants it?

Last time i saw Nigel Seeto(pino) he was going out with Lisa woodham and was still living in Madang.

mm_chie
09-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Hey The Don,
Well I went to MIPS since prep till grade 6. And as far as my memory goes that was since 1985-1991. I guess I was a few batches behind you..:-) But thats great to know you attended MIPS too...I miss MIPS...and would you agree that there are alot of memories left there...:-) wonder how they're doing now...hopefully we can find someone who can give us some feedback on the current MIPS today..
Thanks for the quote The Don...take care.

Michelle

mm_chie
09-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Hey Scuba Diver...thanks for the info on the whereabouts of Belinda Rogers and Nigel Seeto...yep they were my classmates at MIPS. It's great to know they're doing ok..Yeah if you don't mind..I would like to get contact of Belinda Rogers...She might know where Jacinta Makin and Eli Nouairi are...tell her its Michelle Blanco...the one with the twin brother that used to be chubby. Thanks...take care..:-)

Derrty
09-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Anyone know Roger Salum or Ishmiel Natera??? They Went to Madang Internaional around 98-99....

Meri Madang
10-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Hey Derrty
I was in Roger and Ishmiels class! I also was in Jesse Walkers class too. I used to go to school with all these boys...Did you go to school with them as well?...My name's Wendy?.....There was also Fional Japp, Clant Alok, Lisa Woodham, Joey Beschel?......

Meri Madang
10-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey! It's just me letting you know that Jacinta lives here in Cairns. Her whole family moved down and are based in Cairns. Although I don't know her exact contact details, the next time I bump into her or her sisters I'll get it so that you can contact her.

Derrty
10-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Yea, i went to school with them @ TISOL in Lae.
Do you know a Roger???

Derrty
10-11-2004, 01:26 PM
ohh ok.. i see you ere in Rogers class..do you know their emil addresses??

pam_latorre
11-11-2004, 05:39 AM
hi there!
pam latorre here. i studied in MIPS from 1988-1990 (grades 4-6). my classmates included michelle kramer, john japp, peter bremer, kelly tsang, brendan litz, haley fletcher, marcel moeder, etc. and my teachers were mr. nigel stobbs (grade 4 & 6) and his wife mrs. karen stobbs (grade 5). does anyone know where any of these people are? it would be really great to hear how they are doing. by the way, michelle, i read your reply on my other post. thanks!

Meri Madang
17-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey Pam!
I went to school at MIPS between 1990-1997. I remember Mr & Mrs Stobbs. John Japp lives in Cairns and is the manager of an Italian restaurant. Brendan Litz also lives in Cairns with his wife and his beautiful son, Jamaal. Haley Fletcher either lives in Brisbane or is in New Zealand and Marcel Moeder i'm pretty sure lives in Brisbane. You won't remember me but you might remember my sister, Rosemary Mocke?....

Meri Madang
17-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Hey Derrty
Oh so you were in their class at TISOL, oops sorry! I was in their class in MIPS, I think Roger might've been older than me because I was in Sena Salum's class which I think was his younger bro. Well the Salum family still lives in Madang, the last time I seen them which was earlier this year. As for Ishmael he attends Maritime college in Madang and sorry i don't have any of their email addresses.

scuba-diver
17-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Meri-Madang,

Haloo lewa...Are you going back home this christmas? I'm leaving for home(Madang) on Moday 22 Nov and im soo looking forward to it. Mi homesick pinis na anticipation tu ya ...wi bikpla stet. Would you happen to know the where abouts of Marcel Moeder? I'd like to get intouch with him if i can. His one of my good friends.

Lotsa laikim na moa laikim istap

~Scuba-Diver~

pam_latorre
18-11-2004, 04:39 AM
hi meri madang!
thanks for the info. by any chance do you know their contact details (e-mail address, whatever)? i really want to get in touch with them. sorry, although your sister's name kinda sounds familiar, i can't recall a face to match it. thanks again!

simsom
22-01-2005, 06:21 AM
hi my name is Simone Webster I attended MIPS also.I left in late 1984, I started in Prep 1979..I think! I was born in Madang and have found this site great. I remember our classes burying a time capsule under the then flag pole to be dug up in the year 2000, does anyone know if this was done????? I now live in Norway...a big difference.

foxy_lady
27-03-2005, 11:55 PM
hey my name is krystle (hey wendy i found the site) allan tyson is a pilot living in cairns but dont know his contact details when i bump into him i will ask him

foxy_lady
28-03-2005, 12:02 AM
hey lorna its krystle marcel lives in townsville

foxy_lady
28-03-2005, 07:06 PM
HELLO HOW IS EVERYONE

Patriach
17-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Can you guess who this is? We lived in Madang from 1987-1991. And this is our 9 month old baby....

mm_chie
20-04-2005, 12:47 AM
You have beautiful baby!!! he is so adorable!!! how are you? This is Michelle Blanco you were my teacher in grade six in MIPS. I have a twin brother Mick Blanco, he was the chubby boy who was short-term captain of Kapul with Jacinta Makin. It's so nice to see you!!! Please pass my regards to your wife, Mrs. Karen Stobbs. Take care now!

Michelle

Patriach
20-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi Michelle

Our baby is a girl (Catherine). I am working as a barrister and lecturing in the Law School at QUT in Brisbane. My wife Karen is working as a graphic designer for the Environmental Protection Agency.

drew
30-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Hey,
My name is Andrew Watt. I was at Madang International from 85-91. My sister, Rahia, was there 84-91. Seeing this post brought back a lot of memories...the golden era.

Cheers, Andrew

bynby
31-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I did Prep in 1986 and skipped to Grade 2 in 1987. My best friend was Becky Sykes.

bynby
31-05-2005, 11:26 AM
I did Prep in 1986 and skipped to Grade 2 in 1987. I then transferred to LIPS. My best friend was Becky Sykes.

ryanz
03-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi all!

My name is Zaydah Hunnam and I used to go to MIPS quite a number of years ago beginning in Prep, up until Grade 6.

I have very fond memories of my old school, and often ponder how much it has developed and changed since I attended. It would be interesting to know if anyone from those years including teachers still remain in the area.

Some of the teachers names I recall include Mrs Bailey, Mrs Couples, Mr Horsefield (Principle).

Some of the students I still remember include, the Klink Brothers (Paul&Anthony), Max and Marina Moeder, Sonia Mancey, Sammy Sherwin, Allison Gandy, Christopher Tsang, Kathy Leet, Lybia Taurua, Karen Kunjebihari just to name a few.

It would be interesting to hear from those, if any, that still remain in the area. I am planning a visit in the near future to what I consider my old 'home'. If I am fortunate I may encounter a familiar face or two. If any of you know me or remember these names, then it would be fabulous to hear from you.

In any case I welcome comments from anyone, and would like to hear about how MIPS is progressing. Especially since my departure a number of years ago.

I am now living in Australia, and currently working with the Australian Commonwealth Government. I have an honours degree in Psychology and I have other siblings who also went to MIPS. Two older brothers named Jeffrey and Tony, plus an older sister named Raemar.

I look forward to hearing from you all, even if you dont know me it would still be nice to hear some lovely comments about my old school.

Z

ryanz
06-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Hi Simone, my name is Zaydah and I dont expect you to remember me but I definitely remember your name.

I was in prep in 1979 also. I went to MIPS until Grade 6. I was there when we buried the time capsule but I dont know if it was dug up in 2000. I would be very interested to know how that went!

I now live in Australia and I'm working with the Commonwealth Government. I have an honours degree in Psychology.

It's incredible that you were there too when we buried the capsule! I had 2 older brothers who also went to MIPS plus an older sister. There names are Jeffrey, Tony and Raemar.

Great to hear there are others out there who have special memories like myself!!

Zhi my name is Simone Webster I attended MIPS also.I left in late 1984, I started in Prep 1979..I think! I was born in Madang and have found this site great. I remember our classes burying a time capsule under the then flag pole to be dug up in the year 2000, does anyone know if this was done????? I now live in Norway...a big difference.

scuba-diver
07-08-2005, 08:45 PM
OI KRYSTAL.....Man sorry it took me ages to get to you aye.....i was talking to Wendy on the phoen the other day . Hows it going gurl? Hope all is well ...Is Soli in Cairns too?

scuba-diver
07-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Oi Krystal....good to erm see you pop up every now and then gurl :D

foxy_lady
07-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Oi Tooxs Whats Been Doing S**** We So Ned To Catch Up Nah Soli Is In Bris She Is All Married Up Now So No Time For Her Old Friends..jokes But She Has Setteled Down Heaps Can You Believe Thath.....

scuba-diver
08-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Oiiii PAMUK!!! Well well look wot da cat dragged in ya toox's......pmsl Nah Solox cant be married i refuse to believe that.,....lol I cant believe she's all settled down she's the last one of us that i ever thought would settle down...oh my gosh! these memories are coming back now.....And yessss we sooo need to catch up i agreee...when are you coming up my way? I might be down your way sometime soon i guess.....Brisbanes getting abit boring...lol it's sooooo goood to see you again man.......neways check ur msg box id left you my number....hola yours back gurl....

**HUGS**

Meri Madang
09-08-2005, 02:15 AM
Mr & Mrs Stobbs! Your wife was my teacher in grade two, my older sister & I attended MIPS when you were both teaching there. I'm not sure if you'd remember us, Wendy & Rosemary Mocke?....Anyway great to hear from you and take care! Please pass my greetings to your wife.

Derrty
09-08-2005, 11:46 AM
thanks for the info @ madang meri

SamK
23-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi all

I was pleasantly suprised to stumble on this thread. We lived in Madang for 3 wonderful years and I would love to go back. Got great memories of school - anyone out there from Mrs Dunn's first grade class (1981) / Mrs Haerrings second grade class (1982)? Miss Linda was the head teacher for a couple of years and and then Mr Horsefield arrived.

Anyone still live in Madang?

Sam

VKKK
24-10-2005, 12:26 AM
This is amazing. I never thought I would ever hear about MIPS again! My sister and I went to MPS between 1980 and 1984 (ish).

Iris Haerring, Kate McManus, Yvonne Maule, Micheal Rule, Jamie Blackley (you nearly drowned me at your birthday party :) and I still have those spelling charts), Ben Saunders, Kim Sherman .......

Anyone out there or know where they are ?

Thanks.

Kelly Holland
07-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Hi
My name is Kelly Holland and I went to MIPS 1989/1990 Grades 5 & 6. My sister, Nikki was 2 years behind me. I went to IGGS with Haley Fletcher until 1993 and moved to TASMANIA. I am now living in Melbourne. Remember you Pam - you probably don't remember me. I was friends with Haley. Have you heard from anyone else from our class? Would like to get in touch with old school friends from PNG.
Talk soon

karin1255
13-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi Everyone,
My name is Karin Hunter(nee Beschel). I attended MIPS from 1979 - 1985. I am at the moment arranging a Madang International Primary School Reunion for all ex students & teachers. Please do pass the word around.
There is no definate dates as yet but it will be around Jan 2007 & would be held either in Brisbane or Cairns. Please do email me karinmhunter@hotmail.com if you are interested.
Karin

pam_latorre
10-05-2006, 11:24 PM
it's been a while since i last visited this site...anyway...
mr stobbs!!! your baby is so adorable! how are you and mrs stobbs?
kelly (holland)! of course i remember you...and haley. how are doing? what's been going on in your lives? do you have a family already?
unfortunately, i haven't heard from anyone else in our class. moira peters and michelle kramer and i have lost contact with each other since around 10 years ago (i think).
i heard that rebekah (pickford) is somewhere in australia, has a daughter and works as a teacher (i think). her brother luke gave me the info and her e-mail address, but i haven't received any reply from her yet.
keep in touch, ok.
take care!
:angel1:

Ben6
11-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Hi,

Not sure if anyone out there remembers me. My name is Ben Pearce and I was at MIPS in 1988. Now living in Adelaide and just throwing it out there to see if anyone responds.

pam_latorre
11-05-2006, 02:41 PM
hi ben!
your surname sounds familiar...either you were one of my classmates before or in another year. when was your last year at mips?

Ben6
11-05-2006, 03:08 PM
I only attended MIPS in 1988 as far back as I can remember. My brother Daniel and sister Jessica were also students. I was in Gr 6 and the following year started boarding school in Adelaide while the rest of the family went on to Bouganville.

pam_latorre
11-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Hmm...you must have been in a higher batch then...your brother's name sounds familiar to me as well. do you remember any of your classmates or your brother's classmates at mips?

Ben6
29-05-2006, 02:37 PM
My brother was in the same year level as Marcel. Mr Stobbs was his teacher. My sister was in the same class as Kelly Tsang.

pam_latorre
29-05-2006, 02:56 PM
I remember being in the same class as Daniel coz Marcel Moeder and Kelly Tsang were in my class as well, and Mr. Stobbs was our teacher in Grade 4 and 6. But I can't remember your sister.

Moomz
09-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi Zaydah

Wow that's a blast from the past!

My name's Geraldine and if you were in Simone's class then you must've been in mine. I do remember your name but that's as far as I go... age is catching up hence the depletion of memory cells :-)

I'll try and find out if that capsule was ever dug up.

Ms Cupples ended up getting married to a Pilot and became Mrs Wellington. Ms Mitchell is still teaching in Papua New Guinea and still dressed up in her unique stye. Have no idea where Mr Horsefiled is.... remember that goatee....

Have you heard from Simone?

Ciao

Geraldine

Hi Simone, my name is Zaydah and I dont expect you to remember me but I definitely remember your name.

I was in prep in 1979 also. I went to MIPS until Grade 6. I was there when we buried the time capsule but I dont know if it was dug up in 2000. I would be very interested to know how that went!

I now live in Australia and I'm working with the Commonwealth Government. I have an honours degree in Psychology.

It's incredible that you were there too when we buried the capsule! I had 2 older brothers who also went to MIPS plus an older sister. There names are Jeffrey, Tony and Raemar.

Great to hear there are others out there who have special memories like myself!!

Z

Solox
13-08-2006, 07:32 PM
no comment

Ben6
17-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi people from MIPS. I went to Madang International in '88 but have lost all photos and yearbooks I had from my primary school days. Is there anyone out there who could post something on the forum linked below?

http://www.pngbd.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15930

Anything would be appreciated and I'm sure that there are others out there who would be interested.
Cheers,
Ben

Sam73au
03-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi Zaydah,

My husband came across this site by accident trying to find out information about my dad's life in Papua New Guinea. Instead he was very suprised to find my name in your message you posted two years ago.

It definitely brought back a lot of fond memories hearing all my old friends names, especially when i saw your message with Geraldine and Simone. I still have our class photograph from grade 1 or 2. I take it out from time to time and wonder where every is.

I have been in Australia since 1988 and I still consider Madang my home. I hold an early childhood degree and I am currently a supply teacher. I am enjoying having a more flexible life style after full time work for so many years.

Does anyone know what happened to Pania Williams who is now married or Rebecca. I am truly sorry that I do not remember Rebecca's surname.

Sammie

Hi all!

My name is Zaydah Hunnam and I used to go to MIPS quite a number of years ago beginning in Prep, up until Grade 6.

I have very fond memories of my old school, and often ponder how much it has developed and changed since I attended. It would be interesting to know if anyone from those years including teachers still remain in the area.

Some of the teachers names I recall include Mrs Bailey, Mrs Couples, Mr Horsefield (Principle).

Some of the students I still remember include, the Klink Brothers (Paul&Anthony), Max and Marina Moeder, Sonia Mancey, Sammy Sherwin, Allison Gandy, Christopher Tsang, Kathy Leet, Lybia Taurua, Karen Kunjebihari just to name a few.

It would be interesting to hear from those, if any, that still remain in the area. I am planning a visit in the near future to what I consider my old 'home'. If I am fortunate I may encounter a familiar face or two. If any of you know me or remember these names, then it would be fabulous to hear from you.

In any case I welcome comments from anyone, and would like to hear about how MIPS is progressing. Especially since my departure a number of years ago.

I am now living in Australia, and currently working with the Australian Commonwealth Government. I have an honours degree in Psychology and I have other siblings who also went to MIPS. Two older brothers named Jeffrey and Tony, plus an older sister named Raemar.

I look forward to hearing from you all, even if you dont know me it would still be nice to hear some lovely comments about my old school.

Z

karin1255
03-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Is this Samantha Sherwin? Is your father Rod Sherwin? Please email me directly yo karinmhunter@hotmail.com. My name is Karin Beschel (now Hunter). I was also in your class since Kindy/Prep.
Cheers
karin

bynby
05-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Calling ex-students of Madang International School...My name is Ms. Bertha Ngahan and I am a teacher there. To coincide with the IEA's 30th Anniversary Celebrations, the school will be creating an ALumni for all graduands. Please contact me bngahan@hotmail.com

Adam Madang
04-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi there, My name is Adam Dunn

I went to MIPS on and off up until year 4 in 1988.. I went to so many schools i can hardly remember any names from those days but looking here I recognise a few. Mr Stobbs was my teacher for a while, I was in the same grade as Marcel Moeder, Nigel Seeto, Haley Fletcher, Steven Bailey, Pam we may have been in the same class briefly.. if anyone else was in my class i'd love to hear how you are doing? I'm living sydney now, I have 3 sisters one 2 years older - Melanie Dunn, and 2 younger sisters Rebecca and Stephanie.. My mum Karen Dunn was also mentioned here she was a teacher but not at MIPS..

pam_latorre
05-12-2006, 08:55 PM
hi adam!
yup, i do remember you. i got an e-mail from sonia mcgoon some time back, and i was able to get in touch with moira peters as well. i'm in dubai, u.a.e. now...been here for almost 3 years. drop me an e-mail sometime (pam_latorre@yahoo.com).

MikeG
05-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Wow. I was trawling the net on a 'track down old friends' hunt, as I was on the bus to work this morning, and swore that i saw someone that i went to school with in Lae, only to come across this site!

My name is Mike Garvey, and I went to MIPS in the early 80s for a couple of years before we moved to Bougainville. My brother Matt also attended (he's 4 years younger than me, so he would've been in Prep or something?) I recall the teacher I had when we first moved to Madang from Lae was a tall NZr (I think) with a moustache, and his wife also taught at the school, but unfortunately I can't recall their surnames (I think it was Williams or something like that?). I think that was about 1983? MR. Horsefield was the headmaster at the time.

I do fondly recall Miss Couples (Cupples? And then Wellington after she married) as my teacher after that, so I'm guessing about 1984 (I also remember getting into trouble with her for talking too much in class...). My best friend at the time was Michael Heywood, and other names I recall from my class are Laura Bailey, her friend Michelle (who I think i have seen here in Brisbane just recently, as well!), and 2 other guys, Scott and Brett (who I think was English, or his family were?)

Other names I can recall/people I knew - the Blackley brothers; Ben Cassel (Cassels?) and his sister; Nicole Gore-Brown; and the Fletcher sisters (who i also used to live in the same street as! I think Hayley was the middle sister, and her Mum later had a boy if I heard correctly?). I was also friends with a guy whose name completely escapes me, but he lived near the water, had a huge Star Wars and lego collection, and his Dad was a bank manager or something? I think his name was Rob or something...

I think we left for Bougainville around mid/later 1985, and my teacher then was 'Mrs. Williams' (wife of the first teacher I mentioned above - so I could have the name wrong).

Went to boarding school in Brisbane from '87 to '88, and then we moved to Brisbane after my Dad died in a car accident in later '88. Have been living in Brisbane since then.

Wow. I think I'll have to dig out my old MIPS year books and have a look through them before I ramble to much more here! Take care everyone, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Mike

Uli Woelfel
05-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Hi Nigel,

this is Ali Wölfel, writing under my sons name, we found this Page yesterday. Uli and Anja have attended your classes at MIPS and we have been diving together. I had been the Officer in Charge at Yagaum. Anja is living in Plymouth. Greetings to Karen

Albrecht

Uli Woelfel
08-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi there remember someome called <Uli in ur class I was hanging aut with Brenden litz and john Japp greetz Uli alias Ulrich Woelfel

anjawoelfel
19-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Hi guys. Cute little girl you've got there. I remember you very well. We used spend time together at the weekends in Jais Aben and we even spent time at yours. I remember you dogs Maveric and Goose was it? Hope this isn't a sore subject, sorry if it is. Anyway have you still got contact to Amanda Jackson? I moved to germany in 1991 and am in 1999 I moved to the UK. I am currently enquiring about moving to Australia with my family. I have ywo kids of my owm Kaya 4 in feb and Lucas 1. They keep me b..... busy and I am working fulltime as a nurse. Anyway thats enough my parents say hello hope to hear from you sometime would be great:) ;-)

Anja (Then Woelfel now Redford)

anjawoelfel
19-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Hi maike wie gehts Dir und deiner Familie. Hoffentlich gut
Waehre schoen mal von Dir zu hoeren

auf bald
Anja aus Yagaum

pania
15-02-2007, 03:27 PM
I just found this website... my name is Pania Brown (was Williams). I went to MIPS for Grades 4,5 & 6 in the early to mid 1980's. I now live in Townsville QLD and would love to catch up with anyone who remembers me... I noticed posts from Geraldine and Sammie... wow I'm having flashbacks... giggle...

Solox
25-03-2007, 12:41 PM
was your dad a district commissioner in madang in 1975 or so. do you know the surname of the geraldine.

I just found this website... my name is Pania Brown (was Williams). I went to MIPS for Grades 4,5 & 6 in the early to mid 1980's. I now live in Townsville QLD and would love to catch up with anyone who remembers me... I noticed posts from Geraldine and Sammie... wow I'm having flashbacks... giggle...

pania
26-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Nope not me...

Nattie
14-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi there,

I was there from 82 - 86 I think... if I can remember that far back. Then moved with my fam to Rabaul. Was in the same grade as Emily Cassel, Lizzy Scarff (who I still keep in touch with).

brocky
13-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi Graeme Brock here Im struggling to remember the years now but i spent 4 years at the school. I loved it. Some of the best years of my life. Would love to know where my best mate Karl Luger ended up, also Travis, I wonder if its the same marcel already mentioned. I will have to look for my old blue book. I remember a Casel. Miss Madang, hope to go back there one day, i think of it often. Lived in Solomons afterwards.

anjawoelfel
17-10-2008, 05:38 AM
Hi Maike
Sure I remember you. We were in MIPS together and we used to see eachother at weekends in Nagada. How are you? Can you remember me? Anja Wölfel from Yagaum? Give us a life sign and maybe we can get in contact. Do you live in Germany?

anjawoelfel
17-10-2008, 05:43 AM
Hi Nattie
I remember you we were in the same grade. I also went to school with Liz and Emily, Siloru and so on. I was there from 1983-1989 then I had to go to Wau Boarding school and then went back to germany in 1991. Can you remember me? Anja. Amanda Jackson was my last teacher.

Maike A
26-03-2009, 06:32 AM
Hallo Anja,

ich habe seit mehr als 6 Jahren nichtmehr auf diese Seite geschaut - meine Schwester Alina ist zufällig auf die Seite und auf deine Nachricht gestossen. Du bist verheiratet und hast zwei Kinder? Ich wohne noch in Deutschland - in Regensburg. Ich habe letztes Jahr geheiratet und habe einen 5 Monate alten Sohn.

Vielleicht Emailen wir mal. Ich würde mich freuen!

ric lamang
30-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Hallo Uli Woelfel,

Nicht sicher, wenn Sie sich an mich erinnern - ist mein Name Richard Aupae. Wir wohnten MIPS um dieselbe Zeit bei (1985 - 1990, aber ich denke, dass Sie vor 1990 abreisten) .It würde gut sein, um von Ihnen zu hören/zulesen, um gerade mit Ihnen auf dem letzten zu greifen. Setzen Sie sich mit mir bitte an dieser Adresse in Verbindung: richard_aupae@treasury.gov.pg

Abang Kitek

jonhill
14-11-2009, 04:42 PM
I went to MIPS in 1989 for 4th grade with Mr. Stobbs. I remember everything about that year. Fish and chips from Jay's Food Bar on Fridays. I would be interested in reconnecting with anyone who remembers me. I was one of only two yankees. I remember a girl named Haley, she was from New Zealand. There was a kid a couple of years younger than me that had a cool pet green snake. I am also looking for 3 brothers Jonathan, Matthew and Tim Kerosene

jonhill
14-11-2009, 04:43 PM
I went to MIPS in 1989 for 4th grade with Mr. Stobbs. I remember everything about that year. Fish and chips from Jay's Food Bar on Fridays. I would be interested in reconnecting with anyone who remembers me. I was one of only two yankees. I remember a girl named Haley, she was from New Zealand. There was a kid a couple of years younger than me that had a cool pet green snake. I am also looking for 3 brothers Jonathan, Matthew and Tim Kerosene

ric lamang
17-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi Jon,

Its really good to read something from a fellow ex MIPS. It seems everyone has stopped posting to this site.

I think you may have been a year after me thats probably why Im not sure that I remember you but I still have my school yearbooks to confirm. I was in Mr Stobbs' class for year 4 in 1988 and year 6 in 1990. Haley was in my class in year 4 but may have left before year 6.

Richard Aupae

Solox
18-11-2009, 04:47 PM
if u join facebook....u r guaranteed 2 meet a lot of old madang international students from whatever year to whatever year....people probably stopped posting here as facebook takes up a lot of their time these days.......madang inter is doing great it is still there and personally i reckon it is much better looking 2day then it was when i was there or maybe also from when u were there......but yeah check peeps out on fb.....

ric lamang
18-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Is this Solly Moeder?

Solox
19-11-2009, 02:21 PM
yes i am and who r u?

ric lamang
19-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Good to hear/read from you and I'm glad you're still checking this forum. I was at MIPS from 1985 to 1990. Your brother Carlos was a year before me. I was in the same class as Marcel and had a good mate from Sydney (John Japp)- not sure if you were in the same year as his sister, Fiona.

Richard Aupae

Nandani
27-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Did you attend Madang International Primary School between 1973to 1980. Do you know of Ida Seeto, she had a brother called Tony?
I last heard from Ida, when she was at the teachers college in Australia. We featured in a School film, made by dashing Mr buckley , about smugglers. I would also like to contact old class mates Lily Leong and Sulin Allen.

Karl_McA
26-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi Graeme Brock here Im struggling to remember the years now but i spent 4 years at the school. I loved it. Some of the best years of my life. Would love to know where my best mate Karl Luger ended up, also Travis, I wonder if its the same marcel already mentioned. I will have to look for my old blue book. I remember a Casel. Miss Madang, hope to go back there one day, i think of it often. Lived in Solomons afterwards.

If you stumble back into the thread, I remember you well Graeme. Also the Castles, Daniel and ?, their dad was a bookie. Peter who was English. Travis Mc? lived up the street from me. We ended up back in Canada, I currently live in Hinton, Alberta province. I bounced around a bit in PNG, also attended KLS in Wau.

Karl.

JacquiS
04-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Did you attend Madang International Primary School between 1973to 1980

Nandani,

I attended Madang 'Primary A' in the 70's, leaving in early 1976. I think you lived near me at MTC and we travelled to school each day on a mini-bus. You gave me a small elephant from Sri Lanka when we left, which I still have somewhere!

Other kids on the bus were Sean White, and Paul and Neil Campbell.

Jacqui